Our goal is to have Run for the Fallen events established in all 50 states. We need organized, dedicated and committed individuals with a passion for honoring our military fallen heroes. As a volunteer, State Captains would take responsibility for all of the run elements needed for their state. Some of the needed areas are outlined below.
- Organize and lead a state run committee.
- Determine and verify route with state police, DOT and coordinate with all local law enforcement jurisdictions.
- Secure all necessary state and local permits.
- Gather additional runners.
- Secure sponsors.
- Communicate with local and state media.
- Secure supplies needed for the state – stakes, printing, lamination etc
- Organize end of day ceremonies.
For each day depending on number of days in state
- Place hero markers
- Contact Gold Star families.
- Secure overnight accommodations.
- Secure daily meals.
- Secure medical unit for each day.